The Paseo Project wants you to go away

Open Call for Taos County artist to attend artist-in-residence program


The Paseo Project is pleased to announce PPAIR: The Paseo Project Artist-in-Residence program. This opportunity, new for 2020, supports sending Taos-based artists on a fully-funded residency program to develop their work. For 2020, The Paseo Project is offering a one-month artist residency at the world-renowned Vermont Studio Center, in Johnson, Vermont.

The residency includes room and board and a studio for developing or completing creative projects that can be presented in Taos, preferably during the annual PASEO festival. A travel and materials reimbursement is available as well.

Paseo Project Executive Director J. Matthew Thomas states, “Seeing the value of visiting artists to Taos, The Paseo Project wishes to extend the opportunity for a local artist to explore their creativity with a one-month residency. Inspiration can take different forms. We have been bringing to Taos a number of inspiring artists for years — it’s time to support our own community of artists, who deserve a little perspective and dedicated time for exploring their work.” Thomas is looking forward to the selected artists presenting their work upon returning to Taos.

The Vermont Studio Center ( is the largest international residency program in the United States, hosting more than 50 visual artists and writers each month from across the country and around the world. The Vermont Studio Center was founded by artists in 1984. Its mission is to provide studio residencies in an inclusive, international community, honoring creative work as the communication of spirit through form.

Application is free and open to all Taos County artists (artists must be able to demonstrate that they have been living in Taos full time for at least a year). Deadline is April 26 at midnight and submission requirements can be found on the website A jury of local art professionals will select the artist.

Learn more about The Paseo Project and its programs at Call (575) 425-0321.


Private mode detected!

In order to read our site, please exit private/incognito mode or log in to continue.