(Update: Jan. 14, 9:10 a.m.) One person reported burns to their face in the fire at the Carson home, however Taos County Christopher Medina the burns were only minor.
An 800-square-foot adobe home near Carson caught fire late Thursday afternoon (Jan. 13), according to reports heard over Taos County emergency radio channels.
"The house is fully engulfed all the way through the roof," said a firefighter with Carson Fire Department who arrived at the scene around 4:40 p.m. "Three-quarters of the house is up in flames," came another report shortly after.
The fire appeared to have started in a stove located in the kitchen of the home, according to reports. It was unknown as of press time whether anyone was inside the home or had been injured by the fire.
Firefighters from Taos and Arroyo Hondo Fire Department were also en route to the blaze after the fire was first reported around 4 p.m. Further reports indicated the road to the house was extremely muddy and emergency vehicles had trouble reaching the area. "If you don't have 4 wheel drive you’re not going to make it up there," said personnel.
A large plume of smoke could be seen from the east side of the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, according to a report from a firefighter who was driving to the scene.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.