This week, the town of Taos will vote on whether or not to opt in to the Local Election Act, and whether to extend their terms by 22 months or shorten them by 9 weeks. Angel Fire and Questa both hold meetings to discuss a number of resolutions, and Taos Ski Valley holds a planning and zoning commission meeting.
Town of Taos:
- Town of Taos Regular Council Meeting: Tuesday, June 8 at 4 p.m.
- The town council will hold a public hearing to discuss possible changes to the town elections, potentially cutting terms short by 9 weeks, or extending them by 22 months.
- Apart from the public hearing, there will be discussion and possible decision regarding a resolution that would move $102,500 to the Special Events Enterprise Fund for a July 4 concert.
- There will be discussion and possible decisions regarding contracts with Virtue Najjar Long Komer and Associates, the Law Offices of Stephen C. Ross, P.C., and Robles, Rael & Anaya, P.C. for town legal representation.
- There will also be a public hearing on a package liquor license for Rolling Still Distillery.
- There will be discussion and possible approval of several FAA grant awards totalling approximately $5.8 million for the design, construction and administrative services of the reconstruction of several taxiways at the airport.
- The council will also discuss and possibly approve a $200,000 grant agreement match with the Taos Ski Valley for air service to Dallas, Austin, LA and San Diego.
Taos Ski Valley:
- Angel Fire Village Council Regular Meeting: Tuesday, June 8 at 5:30 p.m.
- There will be discussion and possible approval of a list of resolutions, including: a resolution calling for the regular local election; a resolution amending water and sewer rates; a resolution increasing tap fees for multiple family structures; and a resolution increasing and revising solid waste trash service rates.
- Questa Village Council Regular Meeting: Tuesday, June 8 at 6 p.m.
- There will be discussion and possible approval of resolutions that would match project funds for Lower Embargo/Lama Road Brigde, South Kiowa Road Bridge, Upper Embargo RoadRoadway Overlay.
- There will be discussion and possible approval of amendments for legal services, IT services, and lobbying services.
Taos County: NONE
Red River: NONE
School Districts: NONE